Cleaning tools are very important in various facilities. However, in purchasing cleaning tools there are few important things to consider like: how often they are used, inventory of available cleaning tools, where to purchase them and the most important thing is whether to purchase or simply rent them.
There is no question as to the purchase of tools which are used regularly but for those tools that are not used frequently, renting is more cost-effective and a better option. The reasons are:
- Renting cleaning tools will allow the user to test them before buying. Cleaning facilities especially large ones are very demanding and not all tools can deliver the job well. Often, renting is a practical idea to test various types of machines and brands first to test which of them works best for your needs.
- Renting allows tax simplification and tax savings. Generally, renting tools or equipment is treated as an expense for the business like depreciation cost, maintenance and other related matters.
- Renting is one of the best solutions when there are special cleaning jobs that must be performed. For instance, the majority of the facilities need to clean carpets or refinish hard floor surfaces twice or thrice a year. It is cost effective since in-house staff can do the job and the owner of the facility can rent high-quality carpet extractors and scrubbers. This will surely save thousands of dollars.
- Renting is a better option when time is limited and if you need extra equipment.
- Renting carpet cleaning tools is advantageous for those one time or rare tasks like cleaning up after new construction or remodelling to avoid additional expenses.
- Renting is a great option in case of emergencies. For example, when the facility needs equipment for wet or dry cleaning, air movers, buckets and mops to handle emergencies in a situation of water damage. It can get the job easier done at a significantly lower expense.
So, if you are in a dilemma whether to buy or rent cleaning tools you need, the advantages listed above will help you make a wise decision.